Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stop Annoying Flicker in NVivo 9

It's apparently caused by something called "Aero" in Windows (limited to 7 and Vista, I think).  It also may have something to do with checking to make sure the application is on top of others.  Here's a helpful thread.

To make-it-stop-for-the-love-of-god:
Just pick a "Basic" theme for Windows 7 in the Display / Personalization options in the Control panel.  Also available through right-clicking on the Desktop.

UPDATE: 
That didn't work.  So Coherence is dead to me now.  And Full Screen makes everything dump in its pants when I have two monitors, so I'm basically stuck with Window mode.  Which isn't bad.  At least I'm free from the loathsome, unavoidable task of worrying about it all the time.

UPDATE: 
There's an option in the Parallels to disable Aero.  Virtual Machines -> Configure -> Options -> Coherence.  This also doesn't work, suggesting perhaps that I was wrong about Aero causing the flicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment